PM_SZ_OS::32 Bit Protected Mode Operating System for 486+ Processors
protected mode device driver:
IDE, ATAPI, soundblaster, FDC, VGA, NE2000, parallel port, serial port, RTC, keyboard, ALI1543 SMB
virtual device driver:
V86 mode [RealMode calls, booting DOS as guest OS & simple pm support], /dev filesystem, /proc filesystem, pipe support, RAM drive
full network stack:
ethernet, IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP server, FTP server, Telnet server, Time server, QOTD server
- starting Java binaries in own JavaVM.
- loading Microsoft® Windows NT© device driver. 'sparrow.sys', 'bootvid.dll', 'beep.sys', 'null.sys' and 'fsvga.sys' tested.
- loading Microsoft® Windows© applications. 'calc.exe', 'clock.exe' and 'taskmgr.exe' tested.
- starting DOS in V86 mode. 'msd.exe' and 'volkov commander' tested.
- VFAT [FAT32/FAT16/FAT12]
- CD Filesystem [ISO9660/Rock Ridge Extension/Joliet Extension]
- preemtive multitasking
- controller enum devices, on which drivers will be mounted
- drivers are loaded based on PnP id's
- every controller is running in a own thread
- controller, devices and drivers can be loaded/unloaded at runtime
- io subsystem with irp's for queueing io requests, asynchronous I/O
- serial terminal like sgetty
- memory paging
- Deferred Procedure Call support
- PCI, APM, ACPI, PnP Bios, DMI Bios access
- Mutex support
- DMA support
- Filesystem cache
- virtual multiple screens with different resolutions and scrollback buffer
- Graphical User Interface 'WinSZ' based on messages
- Extract the zip file in the root of a partition.
- The directories bin, etc and lib will be created.
- Boot DOS without EMM386 and start PM_LOAD </ROOT_PARTITION> from a IDE partition with a supported filesystem.
- </ROOT_PARTITION> is the device which will be mounted as root. Example: /hda1 - IDE primary master HD, first primary partition · /hdd5 - IDE secondary slave HD, first extended partition
Version · 644kb
Do you like the software? Make a Donation!
You don't need to have a paypal account in order to make a donation.
Do you need features? Send a Mail!
If you are interested in a particular problem or in parts of the source code, please send me a mail
Since I'm coding for several years on this os, I don't publish the whole source code.
Two screenshots of an WinSZ application: